I have a particularly nasty case of wanderlust and I am finding it hard to shake.
In June this year, I spent three weeks in Liverpool, London and Paris. Since then, all I have done is dreamt about getting on another plane. However, life got in the way and because of this and that, I haven’t travelled since.
I can’t explain how I feel right now, but it’s kind of like restless leg syndrome. I just want to run! I want to throw responsibility a poop pancake and take off!
In order to conquer my wanderlust fever, I brainstormed 5 different ways to provide relief to my symptoms! Obviously, it won’t truly go away until I travel again but hey! We have to live every day as if it is our last and find adventure in our daily routines.
5 different ways to provide relief for a bad case of Wanderlust!
- Go on a bush walk. I find being at one with Nature is a nice way to centre yourself again. My favorite bush walk has to be the Brick Bay Sculpture walk. I love being able to admire art and nature in one go!
- Find an adrenalin activity, such as skydiving or bungee jumping. I did a skydive a few years ago and it was the best thing I have ever done! What a way to feel alive!
- Journal. Write down how you feel, and somehow it will start to make sense in your head and a plan will form so that you can get on the next plane!
- Travel to a smaller village outside of the city. Explore the nooks and crannies here. I love this one because adventure and new experiences can be just a half hour drive away!
- Book an inexpensive trip to another city in your own country, or road trip! Either way get away for the weekend! Explore what is at your finger tips!
Now! I am off to action some of these! If you do manage to get on a plane, please comment below and let me know! I would love to see your pictures!
Love from Jess xo